Main Menu

From the Deep

Started by Adam_M, April 10, 2013, 12:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_M

Continuing some work with IES light profiles. I noticed when working with translucent materials I got some "blockiness" under the eye on the shadow. Any tips on improving this? Also when making "skin" style texture how do you increase reflections or sheen?

I can attach the .bip file if anyone would like to make a better version

feher

I would love to play with this for you.
Tim

Josh3D

Go ahead and attach the .bip. Would love to see what everyone creates. Honestly, I was wondering when someone was going to use the new KeyShot lights in a deep-sea angler! :)

Adam_M

I've attached the .bip file

Mark_84

RocketNut

:D Mark_84 HMMMMM that looks like my ex when during her monthly time.

Mark_84

LOL  8)

Quote from: RocketNut on April 11, 2013, 07:30:49 AM
:D Mark_84 HMMMMM that looks like my ex when during her monthly time.

Adam_M

Looking forward to seeing what everyone produces! this could be fun  8)

Adam_M

Josh, I've noticed when using IES lights, my models have shown white dots? I thought they would go away once the image was rendered but they do not. You can see a little bit of that on the picture of the fish above.

Mark_84

Happens the same to me...my God..I'm unable to get rid of these dots! I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong!

What's the 'Caustic (experimental)' BOX for? (under the light materials tab)? It seems that when you check it the whole render starts to be filled with these little dots.

Anyways, I need to check up the manual to be honest, I just started to tweak and touch here and there without even knowing what I'm actually doing haha.

Mark_84

More to come the next days ;)

PhilippeV8

Just for fun ..

feher

Thanks Adam,
I'll post images soon.
Tim

Adam_M

Awesome images so far guys.

Any tips on creating a "slimy" skin like texture?

Mark_84

fast tryouts although looking not so bad  8)