Network Master not finding Slave machines after rebooting

Started by Ruckus, April 12, 2013, 09:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

In general Network Rendering 4.0.29 is better & faster than the KS3 version, but we found a little glitch today...

I had to reboot our Network Rendering Master today (for an unrelated reason) and when it came back up it did not automatically find the Slave machines.  After waiting quite a while, I went around and had everybody use the Slave Tray to Pause & set their machine back to whatever CPUs they had set.  As they did this, they showed up in the Slave list very quickly.

Does anyone know of a way to reestablish these Master/Slave connections without annoying everone in the office?  Maybe if I had shut down the Master service before rebooting, and then restart that service manually when the machine is back up?

Brandon Davis

I have indeed confirmed here that their is a bug when hard shutting down the master machine while the service is running.

If the master machine needs to be taken offline, the master service should be stopped before doing so. You can stop the service in the network configurator. When the machine is rebooted the master service will be started automatically, and all slaves will reconnect without annoying people in the office ;).

Ruckus

Thanks Brandon, that will help.

I'm not in control of every shutdown/restart on that machine, but at least I won't be the one causing the trouble.  Although since I am the "IT guy" I'm sure I will get the balme anyway ::)