Easy highlight of parts with no material assigned

Started by NormanHadley, April 16, 2013, 03:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NormanHadley

Apologies if this has been dealt with before but this is a perennial grumble and what I'd like to see.

I'm working on a big assembly. I set materials for all the parts I can see. It looks good in the real-time window so I hit render. Then I notice there are a few bolts still on that fuzzy white they inherited from Pro/E. So I render again. Whoops - didn't notice that washer was still unassigned. And so on.

So I was wondering about a feature that either goes "highlight with orange boundary all parts not yet assigned" or, better yet, "assign default material of steel to anything not yet assigned."

[It's entirely possible that this functionality is already available and I just haven't sussed it out yet.]

TpwUK

If you look in the materials tab for the project, as you assign keyshot materials, you will notice that the pro/e material will either be overwritten with your settings (custom material) or it gets deleted from the list and your keyshot materia ltakes its place. If you see any pro/e materials in the list, then you know they have not been assigned in keyshot. If you have ks4 you can then right click the pro/e assigned material and then select the parts or part that it is assigned to.

If you use ks3 then you will see it in the parts tree in the scene tab of the project manager dialog under the material column, when you have assigned a lot of materials  those that have default:255.255.255 stand out pretty well even in a big list

HTH
Martin

NormanHadley