animation question

Started by Parker1985, May 02, 2013, 07:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parker1985

Hello all, I'm needing to animate something but am not sure how to do it, or even if Keyshot4 has the capability to do so...

I need to rotate some balls around another group of balls, which sounds simple enough to do in Keyshot, but the catch is that the balls that will be moving are spaced out and in an oval, and need to rotate like a tank's treads.

Is Keyshot capable of doing this, or will I have to go to Maya or Max to do so? I'm really hoping Keyshot can, as I much prefer the quality of the renderings over Maya/Max.

I attached a photo of what I am trying to do as well, in case there is any confusion.

LiteHold

Apologies for bringing up an old thread but I can't post new threads just yet and have a similar question to the above.

We're thinking about adding the animation module to our keyshot for use in work and I have a few questions, hopefully someone can help me out.

What method would I use to zoom in on the selected edge and then translate along the edge staying the exact same distance away at all times?

I don't think my set up will be suitable for rendering high quality animations (in an acceptable time frame), My understanding is that this can be done via 'online render farms'(?) Roughly how expensive an option is this? (2minute animation at 1000 frames)

Cheers chaps