Main Menu

Magneto Head

Started by bladeflush, May 20, 2013, 02:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bladeflush

Ok so I decided to do a Sir Ian McKellen Magneto likeness. I really just wanted test myself as to how much detail I could push. This was also my first time using Keyshot as a renderer and I have to say it does a really good job and it does it fast.

bladeflush

here's a couple more shots of the head itself in case anyone's interested

Josh3D

I must say. incredible looking. welcome to the KeyShot forum as well! The helmet looks like it's superimposed on the head in the first image. The eyes look amazing. thanks for sharing!!

edwardo

Yea, the eyes are very good - glossy and 'wet' looking. Can I ask what modelling package you used (mudbox / zbrush?)

Ed

Despot

Love it, looks like Ian McKellen to me... but agree with Josh about the helmet and also it doesn't look 'metal' enough for me somehow  ;)...

J

guest84672

Yes - the helmet seems off. The rest is super. The eyes are bit too watery. Looks like something brought tears to his eyes.

Josh3D

I think Sir Ian is in a perpetual state of almost crying. It's those dramatic looking eyebags that keep them super moist :)

bladeflush

Yeah i agree with the helmet comment. I rendered it all at once so I don't know why it doesn't seem as grounded in the scene. Maybe I should have done a AO pass to make it more in the scene. Thx for all the praise everyone!

jbeau

Very nice sculpt and map:D