Main Menu

backplate offset

Started by PhilippeV8, May 21, 2013, 12:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

This might sound like a weird request, but it would be neat for some setups.  Being able to "drag" the backplate with a tiled offset type system like in Photoshop, but with mouse control.

Reason why I ask is: when you render an interior scene with a window, getting the most interesting part of the backplate visible trough the window is sometimes a pain.  Also maybe allow for scale would be good.

edwardo

I'd always thought it would be nice to be able to blur (and control the amount of blur) the backdrop. Sometimes I'v found myself blurring the same image to 3 degrees and outputting them individually from PS just to see which one 'fits' best as my backdrop.

Speedster

A tip: I usually place my backplate jpeg on a vertical plane- that way I can size, drag and rotate it to suit the view through the window.  Use multiple planes if you are seeing through say 90 degree windows.
Bill G

DriesV

Quote from: Speedster on May 21, 2013, 07:11:18 AM
A tip: I usually place my backplate jpeg on a vertical plane- that way I can size, drag and rotate it to suit the view through the window.  Use multiple planes if you are seeing through say 90 degree windows.
Bill G

Bill, I guess that's along the same lines as this Quick tip?
http://www.youtube.com/v/Zzi0iFVUvjA

Dries

guest84672

Blurring the environment can be done with the HDR Editor.

PhilippeV8

... all good workarounds, still it 'be easy if we could just do it with the regular backplate.
Blur on that sounds real good 2 me 2.

Ed

I'd like to see some basic fundamental back plate manipulation without resorting to Photoshop.

For example:  We can tell KS to adjust the BP brightness (on/off).   Why not a back plate brightness slider to pick your own value?

How about basic flip horizontal, flip vertical, rotate 90 degrees on the back plate.  Many of my back plates are basic gradients that fit with the model better if the orientation were changed.

Not suggesting you re-create Photoshop like capabilities - just some basic orientation and brightness options.

Placing the BP on a vertical plane would work too, but that requires some set up and of course the appearance changes with camera changes.

Ed

maymay

It would also be nice if you could set the backplate to stretch and crop to the set resolution (and the resolution didn't change when loading a backplate while the lock aspect or resolution are set!).