Keyshot Startup Error

Started by roygilsing, May 21, 2013, 03:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roygilsing

Hi,

I just created a .pib but after closing the file won't open again in Keyshot. I get a message in a Keyshot Startup Error window saying: "could not initialize keyshot". I Never had this message before. Other files open without problems.
I'm running Keyshot 4.0.74 on Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can somebody check the file?

Thanks,
Roy

Despot

Checked it... opens fine, shows 3 cabinets with legs, the farthest from the camera is lying on its side...

I've re-saved and attached it - never know that might do the trick

Let me know if it works

J

Despot

p.s I'm running the same version on the same 64bit op sys

J

Despot

After re-reading the information, perhaps it's because you saved it as a .pib and not a.bip...  ;)

J

edwardo

....reminds me of the dyslexic pimp that bought a wharehouse

Despot

roygilsing

;D Funny, I knew I wrote something wrong.

Thanks Metal Master, for re-saving the file, but it didn't help: the same error message appears. How weird!
I initialized the model from the Solidworks plug-in, but I didn't save the SW file itself. Or maybe it's related to the texture maps I used. But strange enough you managed to open it!

?? Strange!

Despot

Yeah, It's strange alright, must be something particular to your system, Luxion should be able to give you assistance I would have thought...

J

guest84672

How are you trying to open the file? Through double-click or via File > Open?

roygilsing

Hi Thomas,
I tried both options, both don't work.

guest84672

This is indeed very strange. Did you perform a complete uninstall / reinstall?

roygilsing

No, but for now I leave it at this. The file was not so important to spend more time at. I wanted to report it, and thought there would be a simple solution. Other files I can open and do not give this error.

Thanks all, for the support.

guest84672

I'll forward to support and have them take a look.