Main Menu

Extracting surfaces

Started by BenG075, May 27, 2013, 06:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenG075

Sometimes, it would be nice to be able to divide a surface in sub-surface if the file format could not be colored in CAD.
It would be really helpfull ! Autodesk Showcase has its options and it saves hours of work ... ;)

Thanks ! :)

BenG075

Extract and of course merge feature ;)

guest84672

While I agree that this would be nice, I disagree on the statement that is saves "hours of work". You can simply do this in the CAD system, and if you forgot to color a surface you simply go back, and color that surface in the CAD system, and then use "update geometry" to preserve the work that you have done.

edwardo

I agree with Thomas, and why clutter Keyshot with things it could arguably do without? The 'update geometry' feature means you can just leave your native modelling app running with the desired file open, pause keyshot, alter/split model using the system your used to, hit 'update geometry'....hey presto!

Ed

PhilippeV8

Does update geometry work on anything ?  Or only on plugin setups ?

guest84672

Update geometry works on anything. It has nothing to do with plugins.

PhilippeV8

BenG075

It saves hours when you have to wait 30 minutes of importing / syncing geometry because you forget or didn't notice you neeeded to color a surface.
+ Sometimes, people working on Keyshot doesn't necessarly have a CAD software on the same station. It's an industrial fact... sorry guys ;)
Update geometry is create but when you have really heavy CAD datas, it's painfull....

BenG075

and I could say that because I spent long nights because of this problem.. when you have 11 military vehicles with all the stuff in there, updating the geometry is a nightmare, with all the crashes in there (even if we have serious workstations...)