Dell Precision T3500/Intel W3530 @2,8GHz/2GB RAM/WinXP 32bit/37.3fps

Started by Steve, May 27, 2013, 11:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

@edwardo  >  Isn't it so that since he has WinXp 32bit, adding extra ram will do absolutely nothing for him ?

edwardo

Hi Philippe, your probably correct. I just meant that adding RAM is low cost these days and just makes any computer run so much better in general. I use my computer for things other than Keyshot......sometimes.

Peace be upon ya
Ed

Steve

This is an update on KeyShot 4.2.35:

Dell Precision T3500
Windows XP 32-bit
Intel W3530 @ 2.8 GHz
Intel X58 Rev22
2 GB RAM
KeyShot Pro 4.2.35
FPS: 37.3

Steve

Steve

Hi, everybody.

I wanted to update the fps for KeyShot 4.3.10, but it is not running.
How long is the splash screen supposed to show? I waited 5 minutes, 10 minutes, an hour. The CPU use is on 100 %, but apart from that nothing happens.

(@Claus Jensen: I tried the enable gpu procedure you told me about in June 2013 but today that is not helping either.)

Steve

Chad Holton

Hi Steve,

Mine only pops-up for about 1-2 seconds. What part does the splash screen get stuck on? Should say it's initializing or something at the bottom of the splash. Have you tried going back to 4.2 to see if it works again?

Chad

Steve

Hi, Chad.

I discovered that KeyShot behaves differently almost every time.

When I start the computer in the morning and run KeyShot it is stuck on updating the materials (at 98 %). The CPUs are at 0 %.

Second try: It is stuck on the splash screen and there it says "Loading Data". (For half a second it says "Initializing" and no blue bar, then it changes to "Loading Data", the bar is filled from then on and there it sits for hours...) The CPUs are at 100 %.

Third try: The splash screen says "Initializing", the bar is empty and stays empty. The KeyShot window is almost, but not quite, visible. (Meaning that parts of the window are there - menu bar, frame, buttons - and others aren't.) The CPUs are at 100 %.

Fourth try: Stuck on updating the materials (this time at 99 %). The CPUs are at 0 %.

Fifth, sixth, eighth, ninth and tenth try: The splash screen says "Initializing" again, the bar is empty and stays empty. The KeyShot window is now fully visible (behind the splash screen). The CPUs are at 100 %.

Seventh try - like third try: The splash screen says "Initializing", the bar is empty and stays empty. The KeyShot window is almost, but not quite, there. (Meaning that parts of the window are there - menu bar, frame, buttons - and others aren't.) The CPUs are at 100 %.

Well, I do something else while I wait for KS to start (my work) - does that influence KeyShot? Or that I have to kill the process?

On Wednesday I updated 4.2.35 to 4.3.10 and installed 4.3.10 using the full installer (one after the other) but I got neither one started.
When I ran the update of 4.2.35 again, 4.2.35 worked and it still does today. I'm so happy.

Steve

Update:
I installed 4.3.14, disabled the GPU and it's running. FPS are at 37.3 again.

Steve

Steve

This is an update on KeyShot 5.0.97:

Dell Precision T3500
Windows XP 32-bit
Intel W3530 @ 2.8 GHz
Intel X58 Rev22
2 GB RAM
KeyShot Pro 5.0.97
FPS: 37.0

And with 5.0.97 I can now read the HUD again!

Steve