Network Render, slave control...

Started by mcramblet, May 29, 2013, 10:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcramblet

Having just set-up network rendering for the first time, I think it works well, but I wished it had finer controls for the slave machines. For example; I have a few Macs set-up as slaves that are also used for production work. If I could set a schedule where during business normal hours, I can set the priority to "low" and use only 2 or 4 of the 8 cores on those machines. I could still have some rendering progress take place on these machines, but not annoy the users (too badly). After hours, it bumps up to "high" priority and uses all 8 cores at a time when the machines are doing nothing but chugging away on renderings.

Being able to fine tune not only the schedule but also the priority and number of cores used within that schedule would be a huge advantage. Because I want maximum processing power after hours (all cores, high priority), I'm stuck with no processing power during the day on these particular machines. If I could set-up a more complex schedule like this, it would really maximize the use my machines and my rendering ability. This would make the network rendering "perfect", in my opinion.

Thank-you.

mcramblet

guest84672

mcramblet

guest84672

We will look into adding this capability.