Main Menu

Porsche 921 - WIP

Started by yotah1, May 31, 2013, 02:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yotah1

Ryno : no my sketches weren't posted on SimKom, I never post on that website. Besides, the design was done about 2 weeks ago, so i doubt you saw them somewhere before...

itc : the HDRI I used for the last 2 renders is from Dosch Design HDRI Car Backgrounds. The studio renders were done with one of the studio HDR included in KeyShot.

itc

Thanks for the quick reply.
I was talking about the studio shots.
You said it was one of the default hdris in keyshot.
Would you be able to tell me which one it is?
If you are too busy it's okay.
I will figure out :)
btw, are you using the default material as it is or are you changing the paint flake size and other parameters?
Thank your for your time!

yotah1

I tweak about 90% of the materials i use, mostly for the textures and the reflections when it is a paint (metal flakes are way too important for my taste on the base setup).

The HDR, i think it's studio008 or something. White-ish floor, dark ceiling with several neon-like shapes in it. It's one of the coolest for my taste as the lines in the ceiling help describw the shapes of the volumes.

I have more renders coming as i've now built a showroom around the car but they will only be available in mid-July as they are for a magasine.

Arian Shamil

hey mate.....your work is really special.....IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Top work!!!!

tsunami

Quote from: zpaolo on June 10, 2013, 07:49:06 AM
This is an impressive model, and impressive renders too. NURBS is the way I like to do mechanical models, I know nowadays everyone in the VFX industry uses subdivision surfaces, that are good for their flexibility and ease of "sculpt" but if you have a design idea, and a clear design intent, starting from curves and building with NURBS is the most robust path. There's always a debate about what software to use: "why didn't you use NX, why didn't you use Catia, why not Alias"... in the end it all comes down to what you are more comfortable with as Yotah1 said (I use CREO Parametric for mechanical modeling, because I know it and I feel comfortable with it :D ).

Paolo
That's right..i was one asked him because .didn't do with Catia.....
Well is simple because i asked...Alias is a powerfull software like Ug or Catia..(and price is not low...sure is not for a private use), ..and i thought was strange to use a complicate software as Alias, for a project that is not finalized to a real production..
Alias is able to works with Class A Surface..and was born for automotive sector, to make surface that will need to make a real car..so is not like 3ds Max... ;D..i was just curious...everyone uses the more confortable software..as i'm using Nx..starting to works on past century with Computervision and silicon graphics...then Pro-E...then Catia..then Alias and Ideas..then Ug Nx..etc etc.. ;)
So who remember Computervision????? the most complicate software i have never used on my life

edwardo

Oh hell, i remember computervision, in fact that and wildfire 1-3 still cause me post traumatic stress syndrome! Hate them!!! in fact i hate all parametric software (although I'v never tried Siemens NX). Unless your an engineer or work in an environment where tiny, iterative changes constantly need made, or huge assemblies then surfacing is the way forward! So rhino or alias do it for me.

ARRRRGGGG, why did you have to remind me of PTC's devilware?  :-\

yotah1

I got some news back from the Porsche design director : they loved the project, everybody loved it, but right now VW has locked all hiring possibilities throughout the group, so it means no job until at least early 2014.

It's ok, as long as they loved it, that's what I wanted.
Now off to the future job in Italy at MV, it's going to be nice to do some bikes for a while.

Speedster

Sorry to hear about Porsche, but it's their loss, even temporarily.  With you on board they wouldn't need a hiring freeze!  Best of luck at MV, and man, if you do for bikes what you've done here- well, we know the answer!
Bill G

yotah1

Another render of the 921 done today (just a quick one hour shot for the body, and 30 min for the rims).

Josh3D

edwardo

Beautiful! not much else one can say

yotah1

More renders (click for HD)

guest84672

Yes indeed - really nice.

PhilippeV8

If I would ever want to own a Porsche, this model would be it.

Josh3D

I admit it, drooling a bit. Great work Anthony.