Tilt Shift option in the camera

Started by em3d, June 06, 2013, 10:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

em3d

Would be great for architecture renderings to have the capability of a 4x5 camera- tilt shift and swing movements to correct for distortion. 

not sure if possible/ all that practical but would be rad if you guys get bored  ;) ;D

NDenekamp

+1

I'd like to request this feature as well, or at least lense shift, to correct for perspective foreshortening.

I know you can correct for it in post, but by doing so you are sacrificing resolution due to the stretching, loosing clarity.

If you could have the option to make Z axis remain parallel instead of converging regardless of camera inclination, that would be a nice addition!

N

PhilippeV8

The day KS adds the 3-way "align scene with backplate" option using 6 lines like the "photo match" option from SU .. you won't need this camera tilt shift option ;)

NDenekamp

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 24, 2013, 07:57:14 AM
The day KS adds the 3-way "align scene with backplate" option using 6 lines like the "photo match" option from SU .. you won't need this camera tilt shift option ;)

You would if you are not matching a photo. and even then. if the photo hasn't been corrected for foreshortening it still doesn't make a difference ;) or do you mean use six reference point line up without a photo to match it to?

My suggestion would be to add 'two point perspective' as a choice in the drop down menu thats already there for selecting between Perspective and Orthographic  ;)

N

em3d

Niels has a point.

yes I think adding something next to the existing 'modes' would be a nice clean way to go about it, perhaps a 'architecture' mode with Tilt, Shift, Swing sliders added.  just thoughts   ;D

KeyShot

We will add this. Just need to figure out a nice interface for it.

Speedster

QuoteJust need to figure out a nice interface for it.

+1!.  Maybe a simple graphics widget that looks like a Seneca or Linhof?

Bill G