Main Menu

spy camera concept

Started by edwardo, June 11, 2013, 03:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwardo

did this a few years ago in ks2 and just found it buried in a forgotten external hard drive. Must re-do in KS4, and work it up a bit. Suggestions welcome please.

Thanks
Ed

tsunami

Nice shots Edwardo, i like most the close up rendering,...real nice! Maybe a little less contrast on lighting...but is only my 2 cent idea... ;)
Aldo

edwardo

Thanks Aldo. Yea, i think your right - i was limited to the stock HDRIs at the time of rendering though. A friend of mine has hdrlightstudio4, so i'll give that a go.

I also want to add a bit of wear 'n' tear to it. Maybe if the Metal Master is feeling generous he could help me out with some  subtle scratch maps  ;)

Ed

Despot

Nice concept and renders Ed, personally I like the lighting

Lol, yeah I suppose something could be arranged... ;)

Wouldn't mind a go at dirtying this up myself actually

J

edwardo

Hi Metal master, John (if I may),

It would be my pleasure (neigh, honour) to pass the model onto you to play about with. I couldn't remember if I had done this in proE WF3 OR Rhino, but I just found the original file and its Rhino. Can pass on a rhino .3dm file or .bip saved from KS2. Or if easier can export it from rhino as a IGES? Just let me know. I don't want to post the file in the forum, so PM me to arrange something.

I did this a couple of years ago as concept for an updated Minox B spy camera from the 60's (see attachment). I collect them, and have always loved them ever since I was a kid. I was super disappointed in the 2011 update minox did of their classic spy camera (2nd attachment), so thought I could better it by adding a bit of 'jewelry' value to it. Tech wise it was never going to compete with small cameras, or even mobile phone cameras, so felt it needed some luxury injected into it just to make it a desirable object. The idea is it is something that would age well hence why im after some subtle patina effects.

The concept is that the lanyard detaches and acts as a remote shutter release (bluetooth or similar i guess). I also mean to show it alongside an iPad being used as a view finder with virtual manual controls (apperture and shutter speed etc), but never got that far.