Spitfire.. Spirit of Air...

Started by tsunami, June 13, 2013, 04:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

Old but still working for liberty....his spirit..
Enjoy it..
Aldo
(updated image at the end of the thread)

EGON

Just not feeling this one. Plane looks like it's going to fall out of the sky. Looks dull. Maybe it's just me.

tsunami

I have many doubts..

edwardo

I took me a while to figure out what wasn't figuring in my brain....

i THINK its a combination of the plane material being too shiny, and it is over lit on the underside considering its flying so low (over a non reflective field)

I really like it though. How cool are spitfires? they're like the e-types os small planes!

Ed

Josh3D

Nice! The attention to detail you've got on this one is just beautiful Aldo. I see the reference photo and it's spot on. Would love to see a more dramatic camera angle though.

ps. had to chuckle at the use of the 'Spitfire' wheels flame logo :)

edwardo

ok, ignore my last post, i just saw the reference picture.

it is a shiny aeroplane and well lit on the underside - i talk some drivel sometimes!

Lovely stuff as always Aldo

Ed

tsunami

Quote from: edwardo on June 14, 2013, 08:27:04 AM
ok, ignore my last post, i just saw the reference picture.

it is a shiny aeroplane and well lit on the underside - i talk some drivel sometimes!

Lovely stuff as always Aldo

Ed
No prob Ed, ...must know that there are a lot of different spitfire color livrea, (i added on texture real code number of 2nd War, and also logos are originals 2nd War).
For sure i think during 2nd war, colors was not shiny for many spitfire models..for many reasons..(but someone had shiny colors).
I love this model a lot..
http://winteryknight.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/supermarine_spitfire_mitchell.jpg   SHINY COLOR
http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/aircraft/spitfire_MT719_YB-J_BPF_preserved.jpg SHINY COLOR
http://immagini.4ever.eu/aviazione/aerei/supermarine-spitfire-159556 NOT SHINY

Regards

DriesV

Very cool!
This is by far my all-time favorite plane.
A few years back I witnessed a 'dog fight' between a (late) Griffon-engined Spitfire and a P-51 Mustang on an airshow. Both of these planes look and sound stunning in real life.
However, for me the Spitfire has the edge due to its super sleek (or should I say 'Class A'... :P) body, its engine roar, its legacy and its historical significance.

Dries

PhilippeV8

Yadi yadi yada ... this render is GOOD !  Maybe indeed a tiny bit too much light from the bottom, but that's no issue for me.  And I can tell you, this plane does NOT just fall from the sky  ;)  Even after 60+ years :D
It still rocks.  For me it's maybe not the best looking one (F16 is above for me), but for sure, it does have the best sound EVER.  The only thing I would change is put in a cooler modern stick, cuz that loopy yoke looks like it comes out of a Flinstones crane or something.
I like the render, it tells 1 part of the story of the plane.  They did fly it (very) low and fast.  Maybe you can render it over a Normandy beach on a reconaissanse mission ..

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on June 14, 2013, 02:05:50 PM
Yadi yadi yada ... this render is GOOD !  Maybe indeed a tiny bit too much light from the bottom, but that's no issue for me.  And I can tell you, this plane does NOT just fall from the sky  ;)  Even after 60+ years :D
It still rocks.  For me it's maybe not the best looking one (F16 is above for me), but for sure, it does have the best sound EVER.  The only thing I would change is put in a cooler modern stick, cuz that loopy yoke looks like it comes out of a Flinstones crane or something.
I like the render, it tells 1 part of the story of the plane.  They did fly it (very) low and fast.  Maybe you can render it over a Normandy beach on a reconaissanse mission ..
Thanks Philippe..i'm working already in an older action on 2nd war air...also with a mustang p51...
This airplane is simply rock..it's wonderfull..i saw it some years ago here in Turin at World Air Games...so wonderfulll....and the sound is stunning...lovable...fantastic...
That red sticker is original....and it's meanS "who is my daddy?"LOL
Hower here a preview of a defection ...
Take a look
Aldo

John B

I really like the updated picture  :D
Now it looks like it really is falling out of the sky

EGON

I must admit it looks much better now.

Dylan

Yes it looks better now. I think the original just needed a bit of background blur, or anything to give a sense of more speed.

CAClark

The issue for me is that the composition in terms of the plane being sharp, prop blurred, and backdrop drop. Its contradictory, ideally you had have pretty significant motion blur on the backdrop.

Cheers!

tsunami

Quote from: CAClark on June 15, 2013, 04:09:24 PM
The issue for me is that the composition in terms of the plane being sharp, prop blurred, and backdrop drop. Its contradictory, ideally you had have pretty significant motion blur on the backdrop.

Cheers!
I'm not sure about it Clark, try to see the reference image on the link above, ..and u will not see any blur detection..
I thought the same about blur,but after seeing the original image i changed idea.
Aldo