Main Menu

Global Toon Mode

Started by kevinkoller, July 01, 2013, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinkoller

Most of my renderings are photorealistic, however I like the idea of toon renderings for quick illustrations for maintenance manuals, etc.  It would be awesome if there was a render mode that would apply a toon shader to everything without making me redefine everything.  Maybe it could pick up the base color from the existing material and then have global settings for contour color, angle, width etc.  This would allow me to make quick toon renderings without messing up any of the work that I have already done. 

Ed

+1

Maybe KS can add a "Toon Pass" to the render options, just as they have a "Clown Pass".

I agree, just base the colors off the existing material assignments.  Easy for a quick, automatic  toon render without touching your material assignments. 

Folks who want to have more control can always adjust toon materials manually, preferably in a new Viewset.

Ed

guest84672

You can always duplicate the model and assign the toon materials without messing the photorealistic representation.

BTW - just a reminder, last week you didn't have toon shading ... ;-). I agree that this could be beneficial but will require UI to execute properly.

KeyShot

We will likely add this to 4.2