Logicoma - Toon experiment

Started by Arian Shamil, July 01, 2013, 09:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arian Shamil

Hi to everybody....i'm doing some shots to partecipate to the grabcad toon challange.
I've selected a Logicoma 3d model made by Adrien Liotard (available on Grabcad).
I was wondering something of really minimal and i've done this:

Hope you like it :)

Obviously the "Logicoma" and "ghost in the shell: Arise" brands are property of their respective owners (Production I.G and Funimation entertainment).
Thanks to Adrien Liotard for the 3d model.

Despot

No idea why you've posted such a large image... took me 3 hours to scroll  to the far right of it  ;)

It's nice, but perhaps you should have used different colours as this is how it looks on GrabCAD (I downloaded it last week)

Perhaps a vibrant orange...

J

Arian Shamil

Sorry Metal about the image sizing....yeah i know it big....i don't know hot to post it smaller.....give to me 5 minutes and I'll charge a smaller one :D:D ---EDIT....Done it (I've charged a smaller size image :D)

Thank you :)

And yes...i know it is like on grabcad....i've asked to Adrian the permission to use the model because my idea was to use it whit the standard color from the movie and create a toon style illustration of it :)

Josh3D

Yes, the model is great, but push the toon render to the next level! Vibrant orange (or blue) would be a good start :) have fun with it!

Arian Shamil

At the moment i've done this color options....and now i'm thinking some new solution ;) I'm WIP :)

MaloneXI

Great job  :)

What about doing the same thing , with hard shadows ?

I've done one render to explain.

I'm trying to make a comic book, and the manga render style looks perfect to what I would want to do.
I had the same exact problem , with environemental map too smoothed.

Using a "point light" on the environemental hdri map allows the concentration of the light , and gives the "2 tints material" that gives the manga style.

Will Gibbons

I really love that one at the bottom! This makes me eager to play with the toon renderer. I never have... this weekend!! Keep the cool ish coming!

Josh3D

Looking forward to what you do Will. We had the Toon Render Challenge a while back that could provide a little inspiration.