Main Menu

Scripting / macros

Started by danmr_, July 03, 2013, 09:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danmr_

I would like to see some scripting capabilities on keyshot , I think much like Rhino and others have a basic text script editors or even Visual Basic, hope this will be implemented on future updates.

Morten Kristensen

We have thought about it but there isn't currently enough demand for the feature.
If it was implemented it would probably be Python or JavaScript.

PhilippeV8

And what could it do then ... ?  I don't understand the link between scripting/macro's and a render program ..

Morten Kristensen

You would be able to batch render with different settings without clicking anything, for instance.
Mainly it would be useful for creating a lot of output without doing much action one self.

danmr_

it's interesting that you mention java script, as I was pondering this, I decided to give it a try to a few " macro recorders" for windows based on java, they all did the leg work on a couple of still renders, you could see the macro changing materials on different parts, the render progress from start to end like it will normally do, except they were not being saved anywhere. don't know if this is intentional or not but it will be cool to have it, and yes it will be directed to a lot of repetitive output, a color study in my case just trying different colors on the letters of the alphabet, 26 letters x 6 colors = 156 different still images!!! and even if will only take you a minute to do some basic changes that will be a loooong time that one could save.