Main Menu

Fruits ....

Started by Fredlynzz, July 05, 2013, 12:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredlynzz

hey guys I'm here testing some fruits i did a few months ago now trying it with keyshot ...

PhilippeV8

That's the best fruits I've seen up here to date.

Maybe the lighting makes it look a bit flat'ish ... but textures sure are great !

Fredlynzz

thanks man still working on the lighting trying to get a grip of this keyshot ....

PhilippeV8

Also the material for the liquid might need some tweeking  ;)

Fredlynzz

updated..... i did some tweaks

tsunami

Real very very nice, awesome work..i like it..

PhilippeV8

As your colors got more yellow, your mint doesn't look as mint as it did (pun intended).

Further more, why not show the entire square plate with fruit in the center ?

PS: add some vanilla ice and I'll order one from ya  ;D

Speedster

And perhaps just a tiny bit more shadow definition to separate the elements?  Try tweaking in KS Edit, or a clown pass and some drop shadow layers (very slight!) in Photoshop? 

+1 on the ice cream!  It's 6:00 AM here, and I'm already hungry!

Bill G

PhilippeV8

Yes, adding some shadows and/or glossy highlights was mostly why I said to edit the lighting.

Fredlynzz

well here i pushed it further and added a flower ...

Speedster

The fruit, flower and leaves are great, but I still think it needs dimension and definition with some shadow.  Have you tried other HDR's, or one that you can tweak I edit?  Don't forget, you can block out a portion of an HDR with a "dark light", by adding a pin and setting it at a negative value.
Bill G

Ed

Have to agree here.  The fruit looks like a Photoshop cut-out on top of a plate layer.  Need to tie it all together.  The lighting looks very even so there are no shadows and very little reflections in the plate, making it look flat.  Try going with two smaller light sources on a darker background for the HDRI.  This is an indoor scene, so cloudy diffuse HDRIs should be avoided.

Ed

Fredlynzz

thanks guy for the valuable input this is how far i got... had fun with it

Speedster

Oh ya!  Sweet and ready to enjoy!  Glad you stuck with it!
Bill G

Fredlynzz

Thanks man its all the valuable input i got that helped :)