A stylus designed for ISUS promotion

Started by malayutou, July 11, 2013, 02:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malayutou

The stylus is put into production already.Now look back on the rendering,it's not that good.I loved paint material to simulate the smooth plastic.Any suggestion on the rendering?Thanks.

Speedster

I've rendered a lot of similar products, all medical devices, all white/blue.  Duh- seems to be "monkey see-monkey do" in the device field.  I do have one client who went with my suggestion of taupe and soft green, which was well received by the users.  Anyway, I usually render as a TIFF with alpha, then add just a tiny bit of drop shadow in CS5 to give form and separation from the background.  I prefer KeyShot shadows, but they often don't work for the purpose, and my clients prefer drops.

Also, I've found that some kind of interior HDR is better, as they give something to reflect (you don't see it as such) and the catch lights and spectral reflections add a lot of definition.  It helps to blur it in HDR Edit.

It is fun to revisit your work at times!

Bill G

malayutou

Thank for your suggestion,Speedster!But it will take quite a long time for me to absorb.The below are the material object stylus.Is the material the same as your imagined?

Speedster

Very nice work showing it in size and context!  You might want to work a bit on the label (decal) to remove the slight bluish tint around the lettering, which will sharpen it up a lot.  The lettering has the look of "bleeding", which can happen with both pad printing and screening, which happens when the ink runs into the plastic.  Looking good!
Bill G

malayutou

Maybe I didn't say clearly?The two pictures are not renderings.They are photoes-I took the photos to  demonstrate how to use the stylus. And I put it here to make you all know the material clearly,as well as compare the renderings and the material object.
And in fact,the label is rather clear,maybe it's for my camera technique make it blur。
Thanks.

Speedster

QuoteThe two pictures are not renderings.

!!!  See, thanks to KeyShot we never know anymore!
Bill G