Best Renders I have ever seen!

Started by diamond, August 14, 2013, 10:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fario

you mean caustic only revealed in reflections outward?

DriesV

From wikipedia:
QuoteIn optics, a caustic or caustic network is the envelope of light rays reflected or refracted by a curved surface or object, or the projection of that envelope of rays on another surface.

So you need some (rough/diffuse) surface to scatter the caustics to make them visible.

Dries

fario

bof bof...

I do not like the result

DriesV

I guess you rendered it with advanced settings?
Those "light blobs" are there because the caustic quality is too low...
In fact, you can crank the caustic quality up to 100.

For this particular scene, realtime rendering might work best though.

Dries

fario

Chad Holton

Here's a VR of the ring with same environments as before: http://keyshot.com/vr/DiamondRingTT/DiamondRing.html

I added a hint of "bloom" to just the diamonds and also a depth pass with this one to control the DOF of the whole image.

fario

I stop there. is too long and it does not improve the rendering quality or the overall impression in my opinion ...

diamond

Ok, You guys really proved me wrong. Its going to take me a long time to achieve some these render you guys posted. Thanks for all the replies. I have been reading and taking notes on all the replies on his post. I will shout my mouth and continue to practice. Here is one of my renders or my ring. I would like to know what you guys Do Not like about it. I wanted to use area light but I have no idea how (Help). All advice and criticism are welcome. Thanks

DriesV

Looking pretty neat! ;)

Do you have KeyShot Pro?
My best advice is to play with the camera settings and HDR Editor for a while. For the HDR: start from a completely black HDR and fill it with pin lights as you see fit. Play, have a little fun! ;D
Btw, the highlight feature in the HDR Editor should be your best friend...

An area light wouldn't add much to the image. I think reflection and refraction wise a well balanced HDRI is going to work best. To accentuate shadows -and possibly caustics- a point light or IES light works great.

Dries

Chad Holton

Quote from: diamond on August 21, 2013, 02:38:34 PM
Ok, You guys really proved me wrong. Its going to take me a long time to achieve some these render you guys posted. Thanks for all the replies. I have been reading and taking notes on all the replies on his post. I will shout my mouth and continue to practice. Here is one of my renders or my ring. I would like to know what you guys Do Not like about it. I wanted to use area light but I have no idea how (Help). All advice and criticism are welcome. Thanks

Glad you posted your work - I was starting to think you ran off with some free renderings of your ring. ;D

Your metal is looking pretty good but your diamonds need some pop. I would try what Dries said as well. Also, since you like the look of your reference images on page one - check out the HDR they are using and try and recreate it. You can see them very well in the metal reflection.  ;)  However, we're not sure if that's what they used on the diamonds though.  :-\   Also, unless this rendering if for T&Co, I would change the color of the ground to a different pastel color (if that's your taste).  :D Keep us updated on how it turns out.

Chad

gbaillot

My second test  :P
Keyshot 4.0 + Photoshop Cs6

fario

abedsabeh

Those are my tests. I added AO on the 1st one. Frankly, at the end of the day, it all depends on how you want to present your product.

Abed

DriesV

Jewelry week continues... ;D

Golden version (24k). Render straight out of KeyShot. Render time = 26 minutes.

Dries

diamond

Quote from: abedsabeh on August 22, 2013, 03:49:16 AM
Those are my tests. I added AO on the 1st one. Frankly, at the end of the day, it all depends on how you want to present your product.

Abed

Very Nice! What is AO?