Keyshot Render Problem

Started by just_dragos, August 16, 2013, 01:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_dragos

Hy! I just download the demo version of keyshot and i made a render. But i have a problem with the shadows. They loook really dark and creappy. I tried to make other settings to keyshot, no succes:(.

Any idea how to fix it ?

TpwUK

That does not look like shadows to me, go through your project scene and click on each surface one by one if those shadows highlight then it's a model fault.

Martin

just_dragos

The model is ok, i rendered it in other program and itworks ok, Just in keyshot i get this problem. And that black color is actually the shadow, because if  i move the model the sadows move too..

evilmaul

post a wireframe of your scene/model....then we can talk about crappiness

DriesV

Better yet, post your scene file to this thread.
Then we can analyze the crap out of this.

Dries

just_dragos

Here is the download link http://rapidshare.com/files/173406303/keyu.rar

So any ideas?

TpwUK

Ok, I looked at your model and even though it's technically a legitimate OBJ the method of construction is poor with too little topology - I applied 4 levels of Sub Division in Modo and then imported that in and that smooths out your bad shadows. My only guess is that with so few polygons to work with the shadow calculation in KS has too little to work with to produce quality shadows and rather than display nothing throws out your super dark and sharp shadows. Not sue if I would call this a bug, but it does appear to be something that KS developers need to look at.

So go do some SubD to you model and all will be fine, you may need to do some vertex editing too

Martin

just_dragos

Still after aplying some subdivisions to the model, i get some hard black shadow. But it's ok i used another program to render te model.

Chad Holton

Hi just_dragos - Thanks for sharing your file. What was this modeled in?

Chad Holton

I did the same thing as Martin and the shadows looked fine. It seems you need more triangles - a couple subdivisions did the trick for me too.