clown pass doe not use opacity map

Started by dalejsmith, August 20, 2013, 01:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalejsmith

the clown pass does not use the opacity map, this makes the clown pass pretty much useless if you have any opacity maps in the scene. is there a way to get this fixed?

Chad Holton

Could you provide an example of how you use the clown pass? I'm not sure I understand why you would need an opacity map with it.

Gerard_Mike

BenG075

Quote from: Chad Holton on August 21, 2013, 06:18:20 PM
Could you provide an example of how you use the clown pass? I'm not sure I understand why you would need an opacity map with it.

I have the same 'problem' : if you have a glass material covering parts, you cannot acces to a 'clown' color of the parts located under this glass material. For example, if you make a car rendering, you apply some glass on the windows, and in the clown pass you cannot find the interior part, so you could not tweak the seats, etc... So in this kind of cases, you have to make a render without the parts with glass if you want to grab the parts inside.

leo517

So you mean I have to remove the glass?

BenG075

Yeah ! If you hide the parts having glass material, you should have the parts in the clown pass. So you need 2 renders, one with all the parts like you want then another hiding the parts with glass just to have the clown pass (use a rendering time option / realtime render, you don't need the render to be nice but just to generate the clown pass).
That's the less worst option you have... In my opinion :)