Renault Alpine watch concept

Started by BenG075, September 13, 2013, 02:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Fabulous design and presentation!  Color scheme is awesome!

But I have one question.  Have you prototyped and tested the case design and shape in application on the wrist?  I ask because I have a favorite "old pawn" turquoise Native American bracelet that I wear all the time.  It has a similar elongated shape, and is a similar size.  I find that the elongated shape really restricts wrist and hand movement, especially upward.  But I love it, so I deal with it.

Bill G

BenG075

@Josh, Chad & Bill : Thanks for your nice comments ! I'm really happy to read that you like my work... :)

@Bill : My first goal was to find some shapes and proportion that could match with the original concept car ('design' or 'styling' work essentially)... and unfortunately I didn't prototype nor manufacture it (yet ?). I know the 'oval' shape of the watch could be annoying regarding to ergonomics, so some tricks have to be found to manage the issue you are describing. I think a good work on the lower part in contact with the skin can be done (like chamfer style lines) to avoid a pinch between the watch and the small skin waves appearing when you bend your hand up.
But if we look closer this problem, sometimes it's because the watch is heavy and the fact there is some gap between the brace and your wrist, that the watch 'falls' thanks to gravity and hurts the back of our hand (I have a big Diesel watch and looking at my hand on the end of the day, there are lots of scratches on it ;) ... In addition to this, the setting axles are always striking the hand when there are in the direction of your arm, that's why I wanted them to be put backward the extreme line of the casing... Another option could be to put them in the direction of the brace.
For my brace I was thinking about some elastic material to maintain it on the wrist, but that's a compromise to find if we don't want to block the blood flow and let the skin 'breathe'.

Engineering a good watch is not that easy I think ;) That's why I only focused on the styling work even if I had a thought on all the parameters described here :)

P.S : Some color variations are in process ;) renders soon !

BenG075

Last update : Color schemes. I made the 6 renders separately and then combined them in PS.
It's a wide file, I divide it by 3 for the forum. The high res is available on the grabcad page :)

BenG075

And the last... all separate color renders :)

Josh3D

Love everyone Benjamin. These look fabulous!

BenG075

I'm really happy to read this Josh :) thanks for your support !

Josh3D

no problem. Also, fun to scroll up and down through those color variations really fast. Wheeee!! :)