Renault Alpine watch concept

Started by BenG075, September 13, 2013, 02:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenG075

Hi !

Here are early renders for my personnal project of a new watch inspired by the Renault Alpine A110-50 Concept. (http://www.gotbroken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2012-Renault-Alpine-A110-50-Concept-Rear-Side.jpg)

I love the new procedural texture which helps me to fine tune the paint work giving depth and reality.

The plug in and live linking on Solidworks 2013 works really well too :)

Hope you'll like the results... others will come

Ben :)

BenG075

one with small DOF

Speedster

Looks nice!  Keep em coming!  You might want to map the edge of the strap just so you can get more control over the pattern direction and flow.  Also, try posting at 1200 wide, which is a really good size for the forum as the whole image shows without scrolling around.
Bill G

BenG075

Thanks Speedster for you advices, I'll take care on these details next time ;)

PhilippeV8

Yeah, round watches are so boring and there are so many of them.  We should have more of this kind!

BenG075

Totally agree with you Philippe ! Even if my Diesel watch is round :P
Thanks for your comment ;)

PhilippeV8

Yeah, so is my Seiko .. it's just that, unless I win the jackpot, as long as it works, there's no need to buy a new one .. but if I would, I would buy something futuristic, something different and sure nothing round :p
I like those consept watches that use led-dot-patterns which you kinda need to decode to be able to know what time it is.

BenG075

If you really win the jackpot you can go and see the manufacturer Urwerk... there are some 'small' watches @ 300 000

PhilippeV8

;D

I will ... but then I should first star to play the lottery  :P

Josh3D

Love this design Ben. I'll take one!! The textures, details, all of it is looks great and the DoF version is just poppin!

Josh

BenG075

@Philippe : Sure ! 100% of winners had tried to win like we say ;)
@josh : Thanks mate :) Glad you like my work... I always try to push the details in my 3D model, it gives more depth when we switch to the renders ;)
Other ones are calculating, when there are done I'll post them ;D

fractalife

BenG075

@Fractalife : Thanks mate :)

Here are some low res renders in addition to the first ones.
High res are available on my grabcad page (+ the cad) : https://grabcad.com/library/renault-alpine-a110-50-concept-watch-1

Josh3D

Benjamin, these looks great! You are an ar-teest ;-) Really, great work!

Chad Holton