454 Acquia Madre Street, Santa Fe

Started by Speedster, September 14, 2013, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

At the corner of Acquia Madre St. and Garcia St., Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Under the stars in Santa Fe.  100% IES lighting.
Bill G

tsunami

I like always more your ies shots..
could u explain your way to get them?
Thanks

Speedster

Sure. 

I modeled a 1/2 dome in SolidWorks.  Mapped the part yellow, for no specific reason- could be any color.  But I did create six different colors so I could separate and control them later in KS.  So, for example, the living room lights were yellow, the kitchen red, studio green and so forth.  Mapped the top flat surface black.  Probably not necessary. 

Then brought them into the assembly, mated them to the ceiling and positioned them.  Remember, they can be moved and also copied in KeyShot, but I placed them where they were logical.  The shot below shows all the "black dots" IES Lights.

Then in KeyShot, I applied an "IES Diffuse Light" to them, but did not copy/paste per colors above.  Each room is unique.  I then assigned an IES Profile, in this case "Soft Diffuse Area" for all lights,.  Then adjusted intensity and color on a room-to-room basis to suit.  Intensity was WAY low!

There is a funky issue we discovered with Model Units.  If checked as "none" all is well.  But then if checked to something else, like inches or centimeters, the lights blow out.  They're working on that.

Hope this is clear, and helps!

Bill G

tsunami

Quote from: Speedster on September 14, 2013, 03:29:51 PM
Sure. 

I modeled a 1/2 dome in SolidWorks.  Mapped the part yellow, for no specific reason- could be any color.  But I did create six different colors so I could separate and control them later in KS.  So, for example, the living room lights were yellow, the kitchen red, studio green and so forth.  Mapped the top flat surface black.  Probably not necessary. 

Then brought them into the assembly, mated them to the ceiling and positioned them.  Remember, they can be moved and also copied in KeyShot, but I placed them where they were logical.  The shot below shows all the "black dots" IES Lights.

Then in KeyShot, I applied an "IES Diffuse Light" to them, but did not copy/paste per colors above.  Each room is unique.  I then assigned an IES Profile, in this case "Soft Diffuse Area" for all lights,.  Then adjusted intensity and color on a room-to-room basis to suit.  Intensity was WAY low!

There is a funky issue we discovered with Model Units.  If checked as "none" all is well.  But then if checked to something else, like inches or centimeters, the lights blow out.  They're working on that.

Hope this is clear, and helps!

Bill G
Thanks a lot Bill, yes is all clear...and this one is helping me with my experiments on ies lights..
Regards