Has this 360 view of a Braun clock been done in keyshot?

Started by bendruce, September 16, 2013, 08:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendruce

Hi All

Was looking at Braun clocks today and found they have a 360 view.
Is it made from photos or done in Keyshot?

http://www.braun-clocks.com/clock/weatherstation

Chad Holton

Not sure - don't see any reason you couldn't create the same thing in KeyShot.  ;)

PhilippeV8

I say this is pictures, but the reflection has been edited.

The plastic back part has very subtle sinkmarks ... doubt it is rendered.

Speedster

Photo.  I've been a plastics molder for 30 years, and I can see meniscus drawback and slight core drag on the slot edges.  Besides, if had been molded in KeyShot, there wouldn't be any sinks!
Bill G

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Speedster on September 17, 2013, 04:28:49 PM
Photo.  I've been a plastics molder for 30 years, and I can see meniscus drawback and slight core drag on the slot edges.  Besides, if had been molded in KeyShot, there wouldn't be any sinks!
Bill G

... unless they have aimed for a super realistic render and modeled the sink marks and core drag ;)

PhilippeV8

that would be a first ... but I guess it'll happen one day ..

Speedster

I'll work up a bump for sinks!  Actually, we often correct sinks with some localized hand work on the cavity after test shots.  But only as a last resort!  Sinks are simply bad part design.  Drags are bad tool design.  And we all know plastic sucks!
Bill G

rkulshrestha

Is the shadowline wrong? The left image has an Iphone style shadow line that cuts across the full front face. The right image has a shadowline only on the front glass. When th right image rotates it looks as though there is a backplate of some sort behind the glass.

Shivani

PhilippeV8