Network render failed

Started by cadjockey, September 18, 2013, 12:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadjockey

I setup my Network Render client to finish some jobs overnight, and it managed most of them but when I came in this morning I noticed that 6 had failed but I have no idea why? Is there a log file which details why it failed? The preview window log just says 'failed' annoyingly.

Rich

Brandon Davis

If you are on the  latest version of network rendering(4.1.13). Log files will be written to a /Logs directory on master and slave systems, unless otherwise specified in the KeyShot Network Configurator.

Default path:
Windows: C:\Users\Public\Documents\KeyShot 4 Network Resources\Logs
OS X: /Library/Application Support/KeyShot4NetworkResources/Logs

You should review the latest log files on the master system. Log files are titled either render_master or render_slave followed by the date it was last written to. If the log file is hard to interpret, go ahead and zip and attach the latest render_master log file to this thread.

cadjockey

cadjockey

OK, I found the log file, apparently it failed because it hadn't extracted the files and the .bip file was not present? I sent them all from the slave using 'send to network'
Any idea why ?

Rich

[tt][sup][sub]
[II] TileThread finished
[II] Job:: DALI DONE!
[II] Job:: Cleanup done!
[II] Detecting format
[II] Rendering done, packing result
[II] Send clean job to: 345052086272
[II] Send clean job to: 203178705670436
[II] Job done
[II] Job::save() (kind: 0 )
[II] Connected Queues notified that the job is done
[II] Job not expanded: "LX10: 103, 1095403079797, rich, RND_LAPTOP, Ready, Image"
[EE] TileJob: Could not find a .bip or a .ext!
[II] Job failed
[II] Job not expanded: "LX10: 104, 1095403079797, rich, RND_LAPTOP, Ready, Image"
[II] Job failed
[II] Job not expanded: "LX10: 105, 1095403079797, rich, RND_LAPTOP, Ready, Image"
[II] Job failed
[II] Job not expanded: "LX10: 106, 1095403079797, rich, RND_LAPTOP, Ready, Image"
[II] Job failed
[II] Connected Queues notified that the job is done [/sub][/sup][/tt]

Brandon Davis

Was the job sent from KeyShot 4.1.35? Is the .bip file opened from a network drive? Or is it stored on the local machine from where the job was sent from?

cadjockey

QuoteWas the job sent from KeyShot 4.1.35?

Yes

QuoteIs the .bip file opened from a network drive?Or is it stored on the local machine from where the job was sent from?

Yes it was on the network via a mapped drive. I've also got offline files enabled as its a laptop

Rich

cadjockey

just a further note to help track it down.  It only seems to happen if I queue up a lot of jobs on my machine and then send them all on mass to the network client. I noticed it because it seemed to get confused and marked some jobs as VR jobs with a single frame, rather than images. (The queue had mixed images and VR jobs when it was sent)
If I send the jobs individually I haven't had it fail yet.

Rich