Material Render Export?

Started by Ankybidis, September 25, 2013, 01:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ankybidis

im wondering if we can export the render material map... like 3dmax/blender and others programs do.. you know when you render the map so you can texture it?  :P ::)

Chad Holton

Not sure what you mean exactly or how'd you use it after exporting from KeyShot? You can bring these in of course but you can't UV map objects inside KeyShot and export the rendered result as such - is that what you mean?

Ankybidis

yes exacly this is what i want it to ask.. sorry i have not so good english.. ohh well then too bad :( i want it to render the texture and then to export it but if is not work i dont understend the meaning of this program :)))  ???

Chad Holton

Quote from: Ankybidis on September 25, 2013, 10:34:11 PM
yes exacly this is what i want it to ask.. sorry i have not so good english.. ohh well then too bad :( i want it to render the texture and then to export it but if is not work i dont understend the meaning of this program :)))  ???

Well, the meaning of the program is to end up with shots/animations like these: http://keyshot.com/gallery/
I assume you're trying to create a softbody animation and/or create game textures or something of that nature? Either way, KeyShot isn't able to flatten surfaces and export out the texture after baking. It's not a bad idea though - not sure, but I doubt many users would be interested in doing this to make it a future feature.

Ryno

If Keyshot gained the ability to do UV maps it would be absolutely fantastic. I'm a Solidworks user, which can't do any UV mapping, so sometimes I run into issues where the mapping methods in Keyshot just don't cut it (especially for pipes or cables and the like) and Keyshot having the ability to do these UV maps would be massively beneficial for me.

The ability to render out a flat map could be pretty handy as well, and I'd love to see that make its way into a future version. UV mapping, though, would be mega.

Chad Holton

I know what you mean and it would be awesome, if possible. Not saying it's impossible and I'm not a developer/programmer but I presume it's easier said than done. When using you're modeling software (with UV mapping ability), it's real easy to select edges and such to "cut out" for UV mapping, but after it's exported out and brought into KeyShot, all divisions and such are applied making it nearly impossible to select edges and cut the object into pieces to UV map. Here's a quick sample of what I mean (notice how many segments there are after divisions/mods applied - imagine trying to cut out the UV  :o ):

Ryno

UV mapping is difficult to code at the best of times, for sure. If it could be figured out in an easy way, though, it would be absolutely fantastic.