Main Menu

777 BUGATTI

Started by tsunami, September 27, 2013, 03:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

HAHAHA... Sorry this is just hilarious!!! ;D
I was actually looking for cutout people and then I literally stumbled upon this:

What are the chances, right?
Ref: http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,6441.msg30275.html#msg30275

Dries

PhilippeV8

QuoteOld Past Meets its Future...
i'm on the left side....

Maybe what he meant to say was that what he did render was on the left (white car) .. ?

Should I even bother finding the sence in all this ?  :-\

abedsabeh

Guys, I think you've been hit by a real Tsunami! What a pity!

Abed

Despot

So, have I got this right, that cutout bloke is not Tsunami ?

So, not only has he been uploading sham renders, he has been uploading sham images of himself !!!

That is truly, truly bizzare... I mean how f****** sad do you have to be to do that ?

J

Despot

Just been on CGTalk and there are two of his images on there that have been proved are mainly photographs (the old red ferrari and the white concept audi)

http://tsunami1972.cgsociety.org/gallery/

I am going to report them both as problematic images, the only thing is there doesn't seem to be a reporting procedure for things like this, only forum abuse etc

Oh and this is his profile photo... or is it ?

J

edwardo

This is all so weird it's getting laughable. You could make a (bad) film about this, a really boring version of 'catch me if you can' or 'Thomas crown affair'. To Aldo I would just say... What's the point in being deceptive- ultimately you cheat yourself, and tend to piss people off along the way.

One good thing has come out of this for me..... I feel slightly better about my own (genuine) ability level. For me there have been 4 stand out forum members who's work has inspired me to keep pushing keyshot - metal master, Tim feher, evil maul and tsunami. Tsunamis post showing a black Porsche "James Dean... something or other" was a particular source of inspiration and drove me to produce a reasonable attempt at my first auto render. I purchased a decent range rover model and set about creating in depth custom materials - dirt around the skirtings, sand & gravel on the tyres, tyre marks on the sandy ground plane, etc etc. I even intend to 'beat up' the geometry a little bit in mudbox to add some dinks and surface imperfections. This process wouldn't have happened if I wasn't so inspired by tsunamis original post. I kind of wish you guys hadn't ousted Aldo until I had perfected my processes and reached the level of the photographs I was trying to equal. I'll post this wip image soon.

In the immortal words of Ali g
"Keep it real, aiiiiiight"

Ed

PhilippeV8

Talk about film .. "Catfish" comes to mind ...

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catfish_(film) )

Despot

Or 'The Usual Suspects'

I'm thinking Kaiser Soze...  ;)

J

Despot

QuoteFor me there have been 4 stand out forum members who's work has inspired me to keep pushing keyshot - metal master, Tim feher, evil maul and tsunami

Thanks Edwardo, that's much appreciated - although I cannot think why I'm an inspiration...

And to be honest nobody 'outed' Aldo, he brought suspicion on himself by foolishly posting the clay renders of the Bugatti Veyron that were completely out of sync with the overlaid rendered image - that is the part I will never understand, why did he do that ?

Anyway, I have a sneaky suspicion he will come back to the forum using a pseudonym and start posting again...

So if a newbie starts uploading renders with a profile name of 'Big Nasty Wave'.... be very, very vigilant...

J

edwardo

Haha, yea Keizer sozé

Anyway, I think I'm gonna avoid this thread from now on - it's quite tiring. I preferred it when this was a 'happy' community with a cooperative spirit. My fear is that tsunamis actions will push people into a more defensive stance, less willing to share advise and tips. God knows, I need all the tips and advise I can get (from the true pros).

@ metal master: you seem particularly disgruntled, not that I blame you, it kind of undermines everything one has dedicated ones career to (or 50% of ones life to). But to look on the bright side, you are now the undisputed king (or master) of worn and beat up materials, and the realism they provide. Your wooden toy train and metal jigsaw rhino particularly stick in mind. Whilst I'm fairly new to 3d, I'm a seasoned 2d designer and manipulator of photographs. I've always had a keen eye for perfection through imperfections, which is why Aldo's work stood out for me with rusty rims, rivets, dinks, dents, dirt n'all, I commented quite frequently on this. My point is that your at this level legitimately!!! Therefore my respect for your abilities has increased even further since 'Tsunamigate'. I hope you take some solace in that. This whole fiasco isn't worth getting the old blood pressure boiling.

A wise man once said don't judge someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO judge them you are a mile away.....and have their shoes!

I think we can all learn something from that moral.

All the best
Jeremy Kyle

Angelo

i used to look up to tsunamis renders, now all respect is gone. to all who follow the same practice, atleast be honest about it, this does nothing more than to hurt luxions reputation and yourself, correct me if im wrong, the images produced are used for marketing of keyshot.

edwardo

ha, just read through this whole thread for a laugh.......people are strange beings sometimes. What a farce. I'll give him one thing, he's no bad at photoshop.

Angelo

Quote from: The Metal Master on October 09, 2013, 05:54:43 AM
QuoteFor me there have been 4 stand out forum members who's work has inspired me to keep pushing keyshot - metal master, Tim feher, evil maul and tsunami

Thanks Edwardo, that's much appreciated - although I cannot think why I'm an inspiration...

And to be honest nobody 'outed' Aldo, he brought suspicion on himself by foolishly posting the clay renders of the Bugatti Veyron that were completely out of sync with the overlaid rendered image - that is the part I will never understand, why did he do that ?

Anyway, I have a sneaky suspicion he will come back to the forum using a pseudonym and start posting again...

So if a newbie starts uploading renders with a profile name of 'Big Nasty Wave'.... be very, very vigilant...

J
lol!

slater

Despot