URGENT WARNING! KS image number progression

Started by Speedster, October 07, 2013, 07:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Be VERY cautious when importing renderings into Photoshop or other post apps!  As you know, KeyShot increments the image numbers, which is very convenient.  But it can also cause an accidental recognition of that number as a file extension. 

I spent all of Saturday rendering for a magazine cover.  Sunday early I dropped the beauty and passes into Photoshop and spent all day with the final comp.  Nothing to the KeyShot (I seldom tweak KS!) but a lot of work on all the other stuff.  Saved it as a .psd, referencing the render number 136 as usual, and shut down.

This morning I could not find it anywhere!  Turns out it had saved as a "Type 136 File", which is the extension for Winfunktion Mathematik v8.0, an old German math program released in 1998!  It was accidental as I did not change the number.  It's a low number as I just fired up my new BOXX 32 core machine, and it's not something that would happen as the image count get larger.

But it's back to the drawing board to recreate all I had finished, and of course the cover deadline is the same.

Take away:  Either change the number, or easier, just add an X to it or something BEFORE proceeding to post!

Bill G

Chad Holton

Hey Bill,

Can you go into Windows Explorer and change the extension to what it should be (i.e. jpg, png, tiff, psd, etc.)? May be worth a shot, so you don't have to redo all your work again.

Chad

Speedster

Chad, I owe you one!  You just "saved my day".  Worked like a champ, and I was not aware you could do this.
Bill G

Chad Holton