Main Menu

Comp window

Started by Speedster, October 07, 2013, 03:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Been working on a magazine cover, and had an idea that would likely be easy to incorporate in an update.

"Comp Window", for want of a better word.  My images are specified as to size, or more correctly, aspect ratio.  I'm using some really huge backplates, and have been trying to outguess the best composition within the backplate. I set up the model as best I could and pulled a TIFF, then dropped it onto the backplate in Photoshop, and shoved it around until I liked it, then cropped the backplate and dropped it back into KeyShot.

But it would be really neat if we had a "Comp Window" that could be set to the aspect ratio, then moved around and resized at will, similar to the Region Render window.  But also be able to then move and adjust the model (camera) as needed.  I know you can horse everything around in Photoshop post, but for product renders I like to render with the backplate and layer/clown passes.

It would likely be coded very similar to the Region window, so it shouldn't be too difficult to code it.

Bill G