Turntable renderings > movie question

Started by Speedster, July 30, 2010, 11:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Question for you Pro users regarding turntable renderings in KS2 Pro. Being a SolidWorker previously restricted to SolidWorks only, this is my first experience with the Pro version.

What's the best way to make a decent "movie" from the gillion jpegs created?  A "real" movie, that actually looks like the model is on a smoothly rotating turntable, like at a car show.  I played with Windows Movie Maker, which I use for really boring client presentations, but always with a range of different images, moves and fades. 

And of course, to create at minimal file sizes!  Wouldn't it be great if a "movie" was an export render option?

Thanks!
Bill G

Ed

I don't own Pro, but I do have Adobe After Effects.  You can import a series of stills and animate.  It also has the option to add motion blur, which creates new frames by sampling the prior and next frame.  This gives you smooth film-like motion.  You can also animate the zoom and pan for added effect while your image rotates.

The ability to easily add titles and other effects is a plus if you're doing work for clients.  As far as minimal file sizes, there are several export options.

Ed

guest84672

Quicktime Pro for $29.95 - can't beat it.