Main Menu

The iStrat

Started by zpaolo, October 08, 2013, 12:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zpaolo

It's been a while, but I'm here with a new rendering: I was inspired by ads of iPhone 5c and iPod Nano to do a similar shot with colorful versions of my Fender Stratocaster. I modeled the guitar in Creo and used Keyshot for the rendering, comments are welcome :)

http://www.deviantart.com/art/The-iStrat-405918114

TpwUK

lol- love the humour behind it too :)

Chad Holton

abedsabeh

Nice work!

I would add the "Fender" branding on the neck, and I think you missed the important part which is the "Rod" at the heel end, or at the headstock end of the neck. Maybe it is there, but I can't see it. :) IMO

Abed

jhiker

How about a sunburst with a few scorch marks!
You know who's.....
;)

zpaolo

Quote from: abedsabeh on October 08, 2013, 06:14:39 AM
I would add the "Fender" branding on the neck, and I think you missed the important part which is the "Rod" at the heel end, or at the headstock end of the neck.

You are right about the Fender logo on the headstock, I should also add the "Di Marzio" branding on the pickups and "Fender" engraving on the back neck plate. As far as the truss rod is concerned, it's regulation screw is not visible in this particular model. It's located at the headstock end in most Stratocasters but in this one it's just a large screw at the other end of the neck, and it's not visible at all from this point of view :) Which is a real pain because to tweak the neck tension you have to basically remove strings and pickguard :D

Paolo

zpaolo

Quote from: jhiker on October 08, 2013, 07:09:02 AM
You know who's.....

SRV? ;) I have this idea of modeling standard knobs (maybe I already did and forgot them in some project folder lol), different necks (with and without walnut stripe), different pickguards (1ply 3ply) and maybe a full sized humbucker and then play with a sort of "virtual catalog" of Stratocasters :)

thomasteger

PhilippeV8

Rendering guitars instead of iPhones .. I say hell yeah to that !

Not to bash the people that do render them, but I think there's no product more dull to render/look at than an iPhone ...
I think there's nothing sexy at all about those things.  They may do cool stuff and be very handy .. but they look absolutely boring.

So thank you for the guitars .. and the music  ;D

zpaolo

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on October 08, 2013, 01:04:35 PM
I think there's no product more dull to render/look at than an iPhone ...

I agree, old phones were much more fun to model and render than current smartphones. I think that the 5C is a bit better than the 5S in this case: it's colorful, shaped more like the old 3Gs (which was very hard to model right) and has a peculiar plastic finish that's not trivial to render :D

jhiker

Quote from: zpaolo on October 08, 2013, 07:12:31 AM
You know who's.....

SRV? ;) I have this idea of modeling standard knobs (maybe I already did and forgot them in some project folder lol), different necks (with and without walnut stripe), different pickguards (1ply 3ply) and maybe a full sized humbucker and then play with a sort of "virtual catalog" of Stratocasters :)

Not Stevie's - that's a Hendrix guitar..  ;)

Josh3D

You know who's..... ;)

+1 for this! or a sunburst version in general. Absolute best guitar ever.