31 Days of 'Bots for #BOTOBER

Started by SteveTalkowski, October 10, 2013, 09:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Agree, nice fun stuff, although I wish some of the images weren't jpg'ed to buggery... 1st one in particular

J

KeyShot

edwardo

These are nice. Have a look at this link, by a guy called Norio Fujikawa who works at Astro Studios ( a pretty decent product design company in San Francisco)

http://www.behance.net/gallery/ROLY/7774517

I really like his stuff!

Ed

SteveTalkowski

Thanks guys.

Edwardo: Yeah, totally familiar with Fujikawa's amazing work.  I saw two of his full-up prototypes at Comic Con a few years ago.  LOVE them.
The Metal Master: Sorry 'bout that - i, too, noticed how buggery they are.  I need to re-render some of these for print eventually.

-Steve

bernardocristovao

Quote from: SteveTalkowski on October 10, 2013, 11:16:31 AM
Thanks Chad!

By res-up, are you referring to subdividing the geo?  I've noticed that, yes.  I'm box-modeling these quickly in Maya, then hitting the 3-key "smooth preview" before saving.  I then import into Keyshot with tesselation set to 1.  There are a few instances where I know i'm going to have faceting, so I'll apply a smooth level 2 or 3 before saving.  Any additional tips/tricks for Maya importing?

Regarding the Pumpkin Giant - I tested out the GoZ plugin and was able to import all of my hi-res polypaint textures and highest subdivision subtools over to Keyshot flawlessly.  Here are a few test renders of that:

the pumpkin is awesome!! did you sculpted all in zbrush, then GoZ to keyshot? did you have to create any UV's in zbrush, to get the polypaint working in keyshot? (im so noob sorry)
in the robots, (they are also awesome :P) where do you apply the color textures? is it all in keyshot? or do you export any uvs or textures from maya?
where can i find the GoZ for zbrush/keyshot? :P
thank you! :)

SteveTalkowski

Quote from: bernardocristovao on October 11, 2013, 05:04:31 PMthe pumpkin is awesome!! did you sculpted all in zbrush, then GoZ to keyshot? did you have to create any UV's in zbrush, to get the polypaint working in keyshot? (im so noob sorry)
in the robots, (they are also awesome :P) where do you apply the color textures? is it all in keyshot? or do you export any uvs or textures from maya?
where can i find the GoZ for zbrush/keyshot? :P
thank you! :)

Thanks! Everything sculpted in ZBrush, then I polypainted the textures at the highest subdivision level. For the test, I deleted all the lower subdivisions and GoZ'd everything over to Keyshot.  It brought over the textures and I didn't have to set anything up.  Pretty sweet!

SteveTalkowski

Had a busy weekend and playing catchup.  Here is day 11's 'bot!

SteveTalkowski

WillaBot.  This is inspired by my 3 1/2 yr old daughter.  I want to revisit her hair before calling this one final.  Artwork texture courtesy of Willa!

SteveTalkowski

HelperBot: Art Division: Brushes.

thomasteger

Oh so cool - you are a machine pumping these out. Love it!

SteveTalkowski

HelperBot: Art Division: Pigments

gbaillot

DriesV

Wow!
That last one is among the finest CG I've seen in a year. :o

Dries

PhilippeV8

QuoteArtwork texture courtesy of Willa!

I knew it  :P

No grown-up can do this ...  ;)

SteveTalkowski