Birth of Evil

Started by ironconquest86, October 25, 2013, 11:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironconquest86

Hello guys!

This is my first time in a Keyshot contest and am looking forward to seeing some great images.
My pipeline will consist of zbrush (model and textures) Keyshot 4 for rendering and photoshop for compositing.
Here is my 2D concept where am looking for some development on light and pose of my character, although I think the lighting and mood will change once am in shading and rendering stage.

Your C&C are welcomed and I hope you like it! Cheers!

Raul

ironconquest86

Back again, this time am posting a quick render, trying out the deafult skin material and setting up a scene where i can began testing.

C&C are welcomed! Thanx for watching

Raul

Josh3D

whoa! ok, first one... a bit on the disgusting side ;-)

Second one is coming together great. Some tarry bits in the crevices would look really creepy.

ironconquest86

Thanks  josh3d! Ill definitely add your input to the model, this guy has too look gross!

I forgot to add on the last post that the hands are from http://www.badking.com.au/site/
they have some amazing models for zbrush so if you have time, take a look at them.

Here is a quick look at the model 90 % finished on the sculpting.

I might go ahead and do a quick paint over to see textures and lighting.

Any feedback is welcomed! and thanks for watching.

TpwUK

Awesome work here, I am liking this one a-lot .... Now you can see what happens to folk when they have to put up with ever increasing fuel prices :P

Martin

ironconquest86

Thanks Martin am glad you like this monster! and I fell you, I turn like this when taxes are raised here in Mexico  >:( hehehehe

Well here goes another post!

This time I wanted to get away from the monster sculpt and work on the maggot, it was done in zbrushed (sculpt and maps) and here`s a render with some of the specularity am looking for on these little fellas.
Also its not THE conventional maggot, i took bits and pieces from other types of worms and did my take on this creepy creature.
Comments and critiques are welcomed! Thanks for watching  :D

TpwUK

Slimy little sucker isn't he. The only mod i could think of doing is to put some breather holes down the sides, if you're not going to zoom in to the maggots then no need as the detail would probably not be seen :)

Martin

Speedster

What's really creepy about that last maggot shot is the tiny little hand, fingers and forearm.  Perfect with the hinted nostrils and mouth.  Well, gotta go have my breakfast cereal now!
Bill G

ironconquest86

Quote from: TpwUK on October 31, 2013, 01:08:37 AM
Slimy little sucker isn't he. The only mod i could think of doing is to put some breather holes down the sides, if you're not going to zoom in to the maggots then no need as the detail would probably not be seen :)

Martin

You read my mind Martin, I think am gonna do a second maggot, kinda like the alpha maggot a bit longer and creepier like a mix with a centipede. Plus i am zooming on the face so the alpha maggot would be that mod.

Thanx for the input!

Raul

TpwUK

No probs Raul, will be looking out for it, but if it's gonna be a big momma maggot, give it some backward facing barbed hairs/spines, so when it's in your skin, it's in, and can't be pulled out very easy - Lets get gruesome !!

Martin

ironconquest86

Hey guys!
On this image am posting the final sculpt and composition of the model.  Am not doing a full shot of the model because the original concept is showing an emphasis on the face and i want to keep that idea flowing.

The image has some quick renders in zbrush where i played with lighting and sculpted the final details, the last colored image is from keyshot where am keeping the original composition and got my scene, camera and lighting setup.
Tonight ill post a finished version with the maggots and some textures. Tomorrow will be comp!

C&C are all welcome! Thanks for watching :)

Raul

Threiz

this is cool stuff, can't wait to see the final result !

ironconquest86

Quote from: Threiz on November 02, 2013, 09:26:14 PM
this is cool stuff, can't wait to see the final result !

Thanks a lot man! doin mu best  :D

ironconquest86

More light testing, What do you guys think?

Raul

Threiz

i like the n°4. the light from bottom give your image a dramatic angle, and a little bit scary too.