Main Menu

VR with Zoom

Started by NormanHadley, October 29, 2013, 06:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NormanHadley

In my company, we love VRs. I've generated some high-res VRs of engine components to show to prospective suppliers and say "Can you make that?" It's much quicker for them to grasp the form of a part if they can spin a photo-realistic model on the screen. Because I'm running them locally, from the hard disc of a laptop, I can afford quite high resolutions and small steps between angles. But then they want to zoom in to see more detail.

Obviously, you can Ctrl-mouse-wheel in the browser to zoom into the individual JPEG but you lose resolution as you do.

Could Keyshot give us the option to generate images at all the usual vantage angles plus several different distances? With the subsequent javascript cycling the mouse-wheel between them?

cadjockey

+1 would love to for the same reason and also for web use.

Rich

edwardo

Yes, this would be nice... though another multiplier to output times. my poor laptop!

NormanHadley

Quotethough another multiplier to output times. my poor laptop!

I know, edwardo. I'm thinking spherical VRs with 18 horizontal x 9 vertical x say, 5 zoom = 810 frames. My PC will  be kicking out so much heat we won't need the radiators this winter.

edwardo

There's one way round the fuel price hikes.... sort of. Whole families huddled around struggling PC's, rendering for their very survival.