Ability to resume turntable renders

Started by guest721, August 03, 2010, 08:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest721

I think that it would be a great thing to have the ability to stop and start turntable renders. I frequently am rendering turntable that take days to finish, but I'm rendering them on a machine that I need to use during the day. I'd like to be able to start the render before I leave work, then stop it when I come in in the morning. Then start it back up at night when I leave etc.... Right now, I have to manually calculate what frame it needs to resume, what angle to start at, how many frames are left etc... Also, by doing that, the render names each iteration of the resumed renders as something else with a different number associated with them. I then have to rename all the frames so that they are all in order with the same numbers associated with them.

Ugh.... too much work for such a simple thing.

guest84672

You can stop any rendering by simply clicking the "close" button. It will stop the rendering until you click "no", and then it will resume.

guest721

That's a good thing to know, but it seems like more of a "trick" than an actual feature. That means that I have to have the software up and running the entire time, with that dialogue box open for the entire day without accidentally closing it. I would like to se a more reliable, savable feature. This route doesn't allow me to close Keyshot at all.

Chris

Chad Holton

Hi Chris,

A resume would be a nice feature. Have you tried just letting it render in the background during the day? I do this a lot with a low end machine and don't see a performance problem at all.

Pau1

This might help in the mean time!

Open up the windows Task Manager, find Keyshot.exe in the processes. Right click and 'Set Priority' to Low.

You should now be able to use the machine with Keyshot doing it's thing in the background without it effecting the normal use of the machine.