previsualization zone in viewport 3d

Started by blender974, November 05, 2013, 11:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blender974

Hi,

as to render an area of selection for increased precision of a single area of ​​the image in the viewport 3D !

it's very important for the CGI render, and time saving !

bye ;)

richardfunnell

We do have region rendering as part of our KeyShot Pro package, this would let you render just a certain portion of your real time view.

http://www.keyshot.com/keyshot3/manual/rendering/region_render.html

Is this what you're looking to achieve?

Esben Oxholm

I think he wants to apply the region to the real time render, so it's just a part of the real time view that is being updated.

That would actually be a pretty nice feature. I would use it a lot.
Often I tweak a small part of the view, but have to wait for the hole real time window to update to a decent quality. Would be faster if it only was the selected region.

blender974

exactly Esben Oxholm

sorry for my english, i'm french ;)

DriesV

These are things that would be really cool -and I'd use a lot- if they were possible in the realtime view:

Imagine a 'selective refinement' option with 2 modes...

*Region render defined by object contour.
Simply select a single or a couple of objects in the scene tree/realtime window. The rendering will then be refined for those objects in view only.

*Refinement under mouse cursor.
Simply select a 'brush size' (and maybe softness?) and hoover over the realtime window. The area (defined by the brush size) where the mouse cursor is at will now be further refined.

Dries

NormanHadley

cadjockey

Modo has a refine under cursor priority mode and it's pretty sweet

Rich

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: DriesV on November 07, 2013, 02:48:33 AM

*Region render defined by object contour.
Simply select a single or a couple of objects in the scene tree/realtime window. The rendering will then be refined for those objects in view only.

*Refinement under mouse cursor.
Simply select a 'brush size' (and maybe softness?) and hoover over the realtime window. The area (defined by the brush size) where the mouse cursor is at will now be further refined.

Great ideas - Would be very nice!