Paste material to all linked parts

Started by cadjockey, November 12, 2013, 04:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadjockey

Hi

I just finished painting up a model and its looking sweet, now I need to apply the exact same finished to a second slightly different model. I was hoping to just import the second model to the same scene and then copy and paste the materials across, but it seems this only pastes the material on the selected part, not including any linked materials. Is there a nice easy way of pasting a selected material onto all the linked parts in the second model?
(I know I can find the material in the in project material list and drag that out and it would link but I have so many materials listed it is impossible to find which is which. Perhaps if clicking the material highlighted the parts (or viceversa) that would be nice)

Any thoughts?

Rich

jhiker

If most of the parts in the second model have the same name(s) you can save a 'materials template' from the first scene and apply it to the second scene. It's a great time saver.

cadjockey

I had considered that but it never seems to work for me. They seem very quirky to me. I wish they supported wildcards, that may help

thanks anyway

Rich