Keyshot 4 64 crashes as soon as I open the materials Lib.

Started by Geronimo66, November 19, 2013, 06:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geronimo66

As it says, I imported a wire file and hit M to open the matl. Lib.  It hangs and becomes unresponsive.   I tried opening Keyshot again, and without a math file loaded I hit M again with the same results.

Ruckus

One or more of your material files is bad.  Move everything out to a temp folder, then move sub folders back in until you get the crash.  After determining which subfolder the material is in, do the same with the individual material files.

Geronimo66

:(   

hmmm wonder how that happened.  Its a fresh install...  I've been running it on my PC and just added it to my laptop...   

Ruckus

...well, that was just my guess.  I've seen the problem about a dozen times with ~20 users over the last 3 years - but never with a fresh installation.  It usually happens when moving from one version to another, or when opening an old package.

Another wild guess:  When you imported that wire file, maybe KS added a material it found in the .wire?  (we pretty much just use KS on Maya files here, so I don't have much experience importing Alias)

Geronimo66

Yea, maybe.  Its a good place to start figuring it out.  ;)    Thanks for the heads up.

Chad Holton

Let us know what you find out. Just curious, was KeyShot working fine on your laptop until you imported a particular Alias file or was opening the material library always an issue on your laptop?