Navigating to KeyShot Resources by Double Clicking on Texture Icon in Materials

Started by br3ttman, January 06, 2014, 08:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br3ttman

I have my KeyShot Resources directory set to '/Library/Application Support/KeyShot4' on my MacBook Pro, but when I double click on a texture or label under the materials tab when setting up my materials, it brings me to my MacBook's 'Documents' directory instead.  Is this type of navigation to textures for materials creation no longer supported?  As I tinker around I see that I can navigate to them easy enough through the "KeyShot Library" window and drag them into the materials.  However, I still would like to pull them into the materials by double clicking the texture frames. 

Another example is when I'm setting up labels on materials.  When I want to changeout labels, it's nice to click on the file icon under the label set-up tab and navigate to the new .png file so that the new label comes into the same scale and positioning as the previous.  However, double clicking the folder icon brings me to the 'documents' directory instead of my KeyShot Resources directory, and I'm another 6 clicks before I can select the new label/.png file.  Any insight why this might be happening?

In the meantime, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for reducing the font sizes on the Projects and Materials tabs so we can still see the tab labels when resizing those windows to optimize our workspace!!!!!!  So much easier to navigate now with 4.3.1

thomasteger

This is Mac specific and caused by our GUI libraries if I remember correctly. It will be corrected in the next version.

br3ttman

Thanks Thomas!  I've placed some short cut links in my "documents" directory to reduce some of the extra clicks.  Looking forward to the update.

br3ttman

Hello KeyShot Team!

I'm just revisiting this thread I started back in January.  At your recommendation, I waited for KeyShot 5.0 to see if you were able to correct this for Macs, however, I'm still having the same texture folder navigation disconnect that I did in KeyShot 4.0.  On my Alienware/Windows PC machine, when I click on a texture or folder icon to update a texture or label it brings me back to the last directory I pulled the texture from.  However, on the Mac side, every time I want to update or add a new texture map by clicking on the texture icon or the folder icon, it always puts me in the root level of the "Documents" directory.  It'd sure be nice to have the same work flow on both OS'.

Thanks! :)