Pre Production meeting

Started by EGON, January 13, 2014, 03:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGON

Shot this yesterday. I think this may be a cool idea for a render. Maybe with a different car and background. Kinda like the movie Vacation when they drive through St. Louis. Thoughts?

thomasteger

LOL. Could be perfect for a wheel configurator.

Ed

If it were a green Mustang it would be a great metaphor for those of us who initially purchased B*******d way back.

Ed

Speedster

All it needs is graffiti!
Bill G

Ed

Someone in Colorado just needed to sell some wheels to buy pot :)

Not to worry, I'm in Washington State and we're right behind you.

Ed

Speedster

I'm in California, and we've been there for 40 years- we just don't know it yet...
Bill G

edwardo

Ha, this is funny, and a real nice shot. Iv been doing some auto shots lately. I have no professional reason to be doing automotive shots, they're just fun to render, so ultimately they'll end up in my portfolio as proof of rendering capabilities. To that end, I wanted to bind them together with a theme, probably a humerous one. I'm thinking of luxury cars with jacked wheels, dodgy replacement panels, projectiles lodged into the hood etc etc.

Ideas of unfortunate endings to beautiful cars would be welcomed.

Thanks
Ed

Speedster

I had a friend back in the early 1960's who, just after WWII, bought a 1932 Duesenberg SJ Boat-tailed Roadster for $35.  He was in construction, and needed a pickup truck. So he cut off the boat-tail and welded up a pickup bed.  Used it for years before he scrapped it!
Bill G

Ruckus

Quote from: edwardo on January 15, 2014, 07:36:09 AM
Ideas of unfortunate endings to beautiful cars would be welcomed.
Not sure of your location, but there is an insurance company commercial currently playing in the Detroit area, that has a woman open the driver's side door after parallel parking, only to have it promptly folded against the front fender by a truck.  ;D

I'm sure it's on youtube, but I don't remember what company.  (I guess it's funnier than it is effective)