Transperancy in keyshot renderings

Started by rahulgs, January 24, 2014, 09:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rahulgs

Hi guys,
Iam in big trouble. I usually work in rhino and vray. For some special purpose iam using keyshot. But iam experiencing a big problem in getting transparent render in keyshot which i get in rhino vray. Please check the attached image. This is what i need to get in keyshot. Metal separate and gemstone separate. The attached image is created in vray rhino. Can anybody please help me. It is very urgent.

DriesV

Use render layers. It can be set up in the scene tab. You need KeyShot Pro for this. Otherwise: copy your geometry and render out alphas using the flat material.
KeyShot 4 manual
User interface > Project window > Scene tab

Dries

rahulgs

Quote from: DriesV on January 24, 2014, 09:38:28 AM
Use render layers. It can be set up in the scene tab. You need KeyShot Pro for this. Otherwise: copy your geometry and render out alphas using the flat material.
KeyShot 4 manual
User interface > Project window > Scene tab

Dries

Thank you so much for your help Dries. The render layers really worked. Since iam new to keyshot not experienced, by the way you mentioned in the second method about "render out alphas using the flat material". Can you throw some light on that, what kind of material should i apply to get the renders i just posted. In rhino i normally use white reflective material to render alpha out

DriesV

You can apply a Flat material to objects (can be selected in Type drop-down list in Material tab). This is a solid color, non-shaded material. The idea is to make all objects in your scene black (RGB 0,0,0) and only make the object of interest white (RGB 255,255,255). You can use this image as an opacity mask in Photoshop etc.

Attached is a quick example that you can play with. ;)

Dries

DriesV

And here's the result after PS treatment. :)
PSD attached.

Dries