Main Menu

Radiator prototypes

Started by DriesV, January 29, 2014, 05:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

It's been too long since I posted a render. :)

Here are some shots of a stereolithography model of a radiator. Well, at least one corner of it...

Dries

thomasteger

edwardo

Very nice, and convincing STL material. Can I ask what material type and settings you used?

DriesV

Quote from: edwardo on January 29, 2014, 06:15:35 AM
Very nice, and convincing STL material. Can I ask what material type and settings you used?

Solid glass with very slight coloration (HSV 210-1-99), IOR 1.45 and 0.01 roughness. That's all.

Dries

thomasteger

Yup, it is perfect.

Soon you will be able to share this material and others through our share site :-)

DriesV

Here's another one.

Dries

thomasteger

jhiker

Quote from: Thomas Teger on January 29, 2014, 06:37:05 AM
Soon you will be able to share this material and others through our share site :-)
Excellent!  ;)

DriesV

Quote from: Thomas Teger on January 29, 2014, 06:37:05 AM
...through our share site...

That is going to be SO amazing!
When is soon?? ;D

Dries

thomasteger

Alpha is close, and we will need some volunteers to start testing it. Are you up for it?

Who else wants to be one of the first ones to get their hands onto our share site? We will need content!

DriesV

Quote from: Thomas Teger on January 29, 2014, 11:22:47 AM
Are you up for it?

I've got my KeyShot shirt by my side on my desk. People know they should not disturb me when I'm wearing it...

Dries

thomasteger

Excellent! More information coming shortly.

DriesV

Another detail shot for both plastics.

Dries

EGON

thomasteger

Of course the material is great, but what adds to the realism is the level of detail. The slightly curved surface on the outside edges make such a difference.