Turntable Rendering

Started by jbomb, December 15, 2010, 07:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbomb

I have been considering upgrading to pro to benefit from the above. I have never performed this type of animation and wondered if you could give me a very very simple list of what’s involved. I am under the impression that the turntable render outputs frames which need to be stitched together in photoshop, is this the case or have I totally got this wrong?
Really I am after a simple 360 spin and have one file be it Mp4 etc at the end?

Thank you.

NormanHadley

Hi jbomb

What I do is drop the frames into Microsoft Movie Maker. Set a typical frame duration (say, 0.25 seconds) and you can drop all the frames in at one drop (they should automatically be numbered). Then click "Publish" to create an MPEG or AVI.

jbomb

ah ok, so fairly simple! might be worth me investing then I think   ;D

guest84672

Or use QuickTime Pro. $29.95 - well worth it.

caden2010

Silly question (probably).

Is there an easy way to get your model central on the turntable?

The manual states that the turntable rotates around the "given" axis. Is this the axis direction that is selected when importing into KeyShot?

guest84672

The table rotates around the y (up) axis. By default the center of rotation is the center of the bounding box enclosing the object. If you check "rotate around environment center" it will take the environment center as the center of rotation.

Hope this helps.

caden2010

Thats great, thank you Thomas. Just starting to get to grips with turntable.

PhilippeV8

Having a hard time with this turntable.  My object keeps turning out of the camera field.

Can I suggest the option to maybe set the center of rotation manualy as an option ?  Like an invisible object which you can set anywhere in your scene ?

Also there is an issue with the numbering of the image output.  Altho I think it imports correct in video software, a preview in explorer sets them wrong.  I get img_0, img_1, img_10 etc..  Addig a leading 0 or 00 to the numbering would fix that, so we get 001, 002, 003, ..., 010, ...

PhilippeV8

Ok, looks like I figured out something important.  Unchecked objects are NOT excluded from the "center point determination bounding box".  So I have to make a separate bip and delete all "invisible" objects to get it to work.

thomasteger

The numbering will change in KeyShot 5.