website VR embeding

Started by hugo, February 22, 2014, 02:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugo

My VR file pics have been uploaded to Picasa, the folder has the same name as what KeyShot named my default folder

The KeyShot instruction say the my.html file must reside within the picture folder, unfortunately Picasa does not allow .html files in picture folders.
The my.html code can be edited in Notepad but I need some help with the revision so I can use the VR in my Blogger Web site.

Some .html Help would dearly be appreciated! :)

P.S. to Webmaster:  I hate having to do Verification for each post each time. If I get those silly letters wrong my entire typed text disappears.
Please stop wasting my time.

Brandon Davis

You should modify the folder name path as well as the KeyShotVR path, to point to the new location at which your folder resides at.

Open your html file in your text editor of choice.
On line 15 you should see <script type="text/javascript" src="..."></script>
Modify the src attribute to include the path of the "KeyShotVR.js" file on the remote location (I am unfamiliar with Picasa unfortunately).

Next you will need to update the folder name path to include the remote location as well. On line 21 you should see var folderName = "...".
var folderName = "...";
This should be updated to the folder at which the frames reside. You can use the path you gave for the src attribute above minus the /files/KeyShot.js.

So now the the html file knows where to look for the frames and source file for the VR. Hope this helps  :)

hugo

Quote from: Brandon Davis on February 22, 2014, 08:38:31 PM

Modify the src attribute to include the path of the "KeyShotVR.js" file on the remote location (I am unfamiliar with Picasa unfortunately).

Thanks for your help Brandon, I'm aware now of what to change in the html, But I just don't know how to upload the  "KeyShotVR.js" file to the Picasa website.
As I mentioned the upload only allows picture files. I'm wondering if anyone has used Google Drive, which offers 5GB of Free storage, as a location to store my Keyshot VR's?  I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Brandon Davis

I have not used Google Drive, so I am not sure. I believe it works the same as dropbox, meaning you can only download the file itself, and can't view it in the browser (I could be wrong though, try it :) ).

I normally spin up a Linux box and install a web server and upload my files to the box manually through scp. If you are familiar with Linux, I would recommend doing it this way as you have full control of the machine, and they are quite cheap($5/month at DigitalOcean). I have not used predefined hosting solutions in quite sometime, so I won't be able to help in that domain(perhaps HostGator is an option).

hugo

Quote from: Brandon Davis on February 23, 2014, 08:12:46 AM
I have not used Google Drive, so I am not sure. I believe it works the same as dropbox, meaning you can only download the file itself, and can't view it in the browser (I could be wrong though, try it :) ).

I tried Google Drive, and it has the same problem as you correctly identified, you can see and d/l the files, BUT you can't view them in your browser such as creating a link in HTML to a You Tube Video in a webpage. There is an alternative: http://www.javaview.de/ but it appears not to work with .jpg files. :(