Main Menu

Render all saved views

Started by cadjockey, March 10, 2014, 03:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadjockey

Hi

It would be very nice if you could add all the saved camera views to the render queue in one go rather than having to select each one and add manually.
I find I set the model up, make the renders then someone wants a minor change and I have to go and add them all again.  This could be a great time saver.

Actually, a more useful system would be to implement a job list manager file which could be transferred between projects. It would save the various outputs you require and the settings applied.  eg, my list of outputs might be:

1. All camera views (around 10) with white background
2. All camera views (around 10) with Black background
3. Web optimized VR
4. HD Turntable animation

I imagine being able to open the job file, and push them all into the render queue in one hit.  The interface would be pretty simple, ie.
1. add a new image output, change the settings required and it keeps those settings saved for that image.
2. add another output as required, no limit to the amount you can put in there.

when it comes time to render you can turn on the ones you want or all, then hit add to queue.  The job list file could be saved out externally and not kept inside the keyshot file for portability.

If you want to see a system like this in practice take a look at Altiums pcb design software, it has a great feature they call '.outjob. which basically does exactly what I suggest above. (of course they have more types of outputs but the same principle applies)

Thanks for listening :)

Rich