Move camera and environment as one

Started by NDenekamp, March 14, 2014, 12:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NDenekamp

Not sure if this can already be done, but I was thinking it would sometimes be helpful if there is a button you could press that syncs the rotation of the environment with the orbit of the camera. Right now as far as I'm aware, you can orbit the camera around the model, and then press 'Cmd' (on mac) to rotate the environment to match.

I was thinking this would be useful when using environments that are quite directional like the ones of photo studio setups with an infinite backdrop and typical 2 or 3 point light setups, where you pretty much want to use the setup in that way regardless of which side of the model you are looking at.

I understand that the net effect of this would be the same as selecting the entire model and use the move tool to rotate it, but that involves quite a few clicks and takes you out of the camera tab. If instead there is a modifier key you can press (I believe 'Alt' is available) the process of getting the right camera angles could be more streamlined.

Cheers,

Niels

thomasteger

You can always right-click on the model and select "move model" without having to leave the camera tab.