HDRI RENDERED LOW RES

Started by Vafio3, March 20, 2014, 01:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vafio3

Hey everyone,
Thanks in advance, my problem is that even if i render in high res (3000 x aspect ratio) the environment looks like very low res.
The Hdri image that i used is 3286 × 1643.
Can it be that i shouldn't use a Hdri image a background or that the Hdri itself is not big enough?
...Or maybe a setting parameter that i don't know?

Thanks, have a great day.

NDenekamp

Hi

If your HDRI also serves as a background, you will need quite a high resolution HDR file, because although 3286 sounds big, it is wrapped around 360 degrees! so that equates to about 9 pixels per degree.

Say you using a 50mm lens in KeyShot, that gives you a field of view of around 40º horizontally, so the maximum render size you could use before seeing pixelation in you background HDRI would be (40*9) 360 x 240!

- If you generated this environment yourself, the best thing would be to see if you can generate some views using a normal camera model instead. Then use the panorama as HDRI and the normal image as a backplate and match the perspective in KeyShot.

- If thats not possible try generating a higher resolution HDRI

- if the above is not possible, you could use a wider angle camera for your renders, this way you will see more of the HDRI environment and therefore less pixelation

- You could try enabling the 'Depth of Field' on the Camera tab in KeyShot. Set  the focus on your model and then use the f-stop value to blur out the background slightly, this should make the pixelation of the HDRI less obvious.

Hope this helps,

Niels

Vafio3