Main Menu

RED and WHITE

Started by Fredlynzz, March 21, 2014, 05:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredlynzz

Its been awhile since I have had the chance to do any personal work, I got a few days off so I started on this project I have always been a fan of old sculptures and the folds in cloth plus to push my self to do a female sculpt so I set out to do this piece which i call RED and White i have been working on this for 2 days now and i feel refreshed in my art   :) ;) ;D 8) :'(

feher

Very nice ! Looks like your having some fun.
Thanks for sharing
Tim

Fredlynzz

TpwUK

Seriously good work Fred, I hope you're going to carry on with this some more and of course to post the results here.

Martin

Fredlynzz

Thanks guys really appreciate it im still workin on her ill post more tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D

Fredlynzz

I changed the pose and did some tweeks to the material takes a long time to render but yea having tons of fun  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Fredlynzz

another angle it takes abot 5hrs a render ... but yea  8) 8) ;D ;D

edwardo

Nice sculpt man.

For my eyes, the latest renders are a tiny bit 'shiny'. Sorry, I'm only focussing on the 1 negative aspect because it would take too long to list all the positive aspects! Lovely work

Thanks
Ed

thomasteger

Josh3D

Wow, sooo nice. The second pose definitely looks more natural. The composition of the second shot is perfect. More of that one!

Fredlynzz

Thanks guys for the imput I set up a few renders before I went to work with some tweeks will give u a update later  ;D

feher

Good choice of materials on the second batch. the soft cloth next to the slick hard marble with hi polish goes perfectly together.
Keepers in my book.
Tim

Fredlynzz

Thanks guys I really appreciate all the tips and comments I did tweek the ior of the slick marble to reduce the reflection but I wont see it until later ....

Thanks guys I really feel good and humbled that u guys like this piece

Fred

Speedster

I agree- it's really a wonderful concept, and so well executed.  I also agree it's a bit too shiny- marble, even in a high polish, has more of a "sheen" than a polished plastic high gloss.  It should glow from within, from the scattered light just below the surface.  Keep pushing this, as it's REALLY worth it- a very fine work!
Bill G

jhiker

Quote from: Speedster on March 24, 2014, 05:31:52 PM
I agree- it's really a wonderful concept, and so well executed.  I also agree it's a bit too shiny- marble, even in a high polish, has more of a "sheen" than a polished plastic high gloss.  It should glow from within, from the scattered light just below the surface.  Keep pushing this, as it's REALLY worth it- a very fine work!
Bill G

Maybe with a variation on the acetal material shown here... ?
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,5239.msg22906.html#msg22906